- New Jersey Homeland Security First Responder Training
- New Jersey
- This is the website of the New Jersey State Police where
you can find information about our history, sections,
technology, recruiting information and more.
Department of Health and Senior Services Emergency Preparedness
/ Public Health Program
- Emergency Preparedness Public Health Component
- NJ Emergency
Management Association (NJEMA)
- The NJEMA represents all coordinators and resources
connected to the New Jersey Office of Emergency Management
(OEM) serving the state of New Jersey.
Homeland Security Website
- New Jersey Homeland Security site provides up-to-date
bulletins, information, guidelines, and press releases
related to domestic security, preparedness, biological,
chemical, and other threats.
Office of Emergency Management
- Emergency Preparedness for Families, Individuals, Households
Office of Emergency Medical Services
- Office of Emergency Medical Services
NJOEM Family and Community Preparedness Guide
- Learn what to do before, during, and after an emergency.
Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster
- Bringing together New Jersey voluntary
and community organizations to provide more effective
service to people affected by disaster.
Forest Fire Service
The Forest Fire Service is responsible
for protecting life and property from wildfire within
3.15 million acres of both private and public land statewide.
Talk on Terrorism Preparedness (pdf format, size 268
- New Jersey's guided to protecting yourself and your
- The American Red Cross helps prepare communities for
emergencies and keep people safe every day thanks to caring
people who support our work.
News Disaster Links
- CBS News Disaster Links contains updated websites for
Alliance for Safe Homes
- The Federal Alliance for Safe Homes - FLASH, Inc. is
a non-profit, 501(c)3 organization dedicated to promoting
disaster safety and property loss mitigation.
Emergency Management Agency
- The Federal Emergency Management Agency - a former independent
agency that became part of the new Department of Homeland
Security in March 2003 - is tasked with responding to,
planning for, recovering from and mitigating against disasters.
for Business and Home Safety
- Taking the lead in property loss reduction
Association of State Foresters
- The (NASF) National Association of State Foresters is
a non-profit organization that represents the directors
of the State Forestry agencies from all fifty states,
eight U.S. territories, and the District of Columbia.
Emergency Management Association
- Provide national leadership and expertise in comprehensive
National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC)
The Federal wildland information and dispatch center.
NIFC is the nation's logistical and support center for
- (NOAA) The National Oceanic and Atmospheric
Administration's National Weather Service providing current
watches, warnings, statements and advisories.
- Natural Hazards Research and Applications Information
Center - University of Colorado
Wild Fire Training
-This site enables access to Local Area, Geographic Area,
National, and other related Interagency Wildland Fire
Wild Fire Coordinating Group (NWCG)
The Nat'l Wildfire Coordinating Group, set the training
standards. The purpose of NWCG is to establish an operational
group designed to coordinate programs of the participating
wildfire management agencies.
Cooperative Extention Service Disaster Resources Page
-Natural Disaster and Emergency Information from Rutgers
- The Salvation Army continues to serve survivors across
the country with food, clothing, and other needs. We thank
you for your generous support.
Offices of Emergency Management
If you're looking for the latest links in disaster information,
the Disaster Finder finds them for you, and even lets
you preview your selections with brief site descriptions.
- Whitehouse.gov is the official web site for the White
House and President of the United States. This site is
a source for information about the President, White House
news and policies, White House history and the federal
- (USDA) United States Department of Agriculture Forest
Service national headquarters website; the home page and
the gateway to all Forest Service websites.
Organizations Active in Disaster
- NVOAD coordinates planning efforts
by many voluntary organizations responding to disaster.